- This event has passed.
Complimentary CLE Class – Melville, NY
November 12, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
Join Legal 1031 Exchange Services, LLC for Breakfast and a 3 credit complimentary CLE class – Minimize Taxes, Maximize Wealth: Understanding Tax Deferral Strategies When Selling Real Estate
This course is designed to provide an overview of several important real estate tax strategies, as well as the methods used to compute capital gain tax and depreciation recapture. Understanding taxes is one of the key methods to maximizing the profitability of real estate transactions.
Using a mixture of examples and anecdotes the instructors will talk about the following topics:
• Understanding the components that go into computing an adjusted basis and how gain tax is computed when a property is sold.
• An overview of depreciation methods – How depreciation affects the profitability of real estate investments; and how depreciation can create a gain tax when real estate is sold.
• Primary residence capital gains tax exclusion – Overview of strategies that can be used to benefit investors as well as homeowners.
• Overview of IRC §1031 tax deferred exchanges.
• IRC §1033 condemnation exchanges, what they mean to your clients, strategies to maximize their award, and how the rules are different from a 1031 exchange.
• Understanding installment note treatment and structured installment sales as an alternative to 1031 exchanges.
• Deferred Sales Trusts – A brand of structured installment sale which gives investors more investment flexibility and options than traditional installment sales.
• How to accomplish investor goals through creative financing and replacement property acquisitions for IRC §1031 and §1033 exchanges.
Understanding these tax strategies will help you identify situations in which they may be beneficial to you and your clients.
This course has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for 3 Credits in Professional Practice and is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys (transitional and non-transitional).
Instructors: Todd Pajonas, Esq., David J. Feeser, Esq. & Matthew K. Scheriff, CPA
Schedule: 8:30am-9:00am Breakfast, 9:00am-12:00pm Class
Credits: 3 NY CLE Credits
Seating is Limited – RSVP Required
For more information please contact RSVP@legal1031.com