1031 Exchanges as a Sales Tool for Real Estate Brokers
December 8, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm
Earn: 2 NY CE Credits (Realtors)
Cost: Free – Open to the public
Instructors: James T. Walther, Esq., LL.M., and David J. Feeser, Esq.
Register: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
I.R.C. §1031 tax-deferred exchanges provide tremendous tax savings by allowing owners of real property to defer the capital gains tax normally due upon the sale of their property. This course will provide brokers with background on the 1031 exchange process and how brokers can demonstrate added value to investors by involving an experienced intermediary and by identifying opportunities where investors and brokers can benefit from utilizing an exchange.
The seminar will cover:
- An overview of the 1031 exchange rules
- Investor motivations for using a 1031 exchange
- Rules to obtain a complete deferral
- Identification rules
- Identification strategies
- The broker’s role in understanding client considerations and misconceptions regarding exchanges
- Identifying opportunities for an exchange and providing value to clients
- Benefits of the 1031 to the real estate broker
NY Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons: This course has been approved by the New York State, Bureau of Educational Standards for 2 credits of continuing education.